Re: [TCLUG:15569] SGI Indy Boxen <bad price?>

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Ben Kochie wrote:

> I did some checking on ebay.. I'm not so sure $225 is a good deal,
> especaly for the age of the system, and the quantity of 100 to purchase.
>
> I've found prices for similar systems ranging from $150-$250  and indigo
> (more powerfull box.. R10k cpu) for just $75 more.  I doubt this is a
> negotiable price, but who knows..
>
> personaly, I wouldn't buy such a quantity for that price.. but individualy
> it's not bad.. I also wouldn't want to be the one in charge of collecting
> group money.. then again.. I only make $45/k a year.. :)
>
> put me down for 1 system anyhow.. I bet one of my roomies would be
> interested..
>
> is someone keeping track of this?

Thing is, I've watched the Indigo's/Indigo2's on EBay, and they usually
either are not complete, or else they sell for a fairly high ($400+)
amount.. and I hardly ever see the R10k's go for under $700 or so..

--
Nate Carlson <natecars@real-time.com>   | Phone : (952)943-8700