Re: [TCLUG:15569] SGI Indy Boxen <bad price?>

> I did some checking on ebay.. I'm not so sure $225 is a good deal,
> especaly for the age of the system, and the quantity of 100 to purchase.
>
> I've found prices for similar systems ranging from $150-$250  and indigo
> (more powerfull box.. R10k cpu) for just $75 more.  I doubt this is a
> negotiable price, but who knows..

Did you 1) check closed or within hours of closing auctions, 2) Consider
these have monitors, RAM, OS, HD, keyboard, mouse. 3) consider shipping
including a 17in monitor... eBay sellers like to add that on. ;)

For example, no monitor, currently $202.50 + $35 shipping, doesn't
mention anything else, does have 192mb RAM though...
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=294418579
About even?

Seems to be the exact same setup, $250, far from closing, reserve not
even met, buyer pays shipping...
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=301315228
Bet this one hits $400...

I'd be shocked if you got a better deal on eBay...

Hmmm, buy the 100, let TCLUGers have dibs, auction the rest off on ebay
for massive profit... ;)

I want one but I don't have the money right now... :P