RHat, Suse, Mandrake hmmm which to buy

Hi all

I actually have Rhat and like it but I was thinking about trying a few other flavors.  For some reason I want to stay away from Corel.   Does anyone have any thoughts on Suse or Mandrake?

I am going to be taking C classes in the fall and would like to do more of that on the linux box does anyone know if there is a flavor of linux with a gui type compiler?

I got paid today and has thirty bucks burning a hole in my pocket at Best Buy today... I thought let me see what the group thinks... I did pick up Star Wars Episode I though.... :)

Thanks,
Sam