Re: [TCLUG:15773] RHat, Suse, Mandrake hmmm which to buy

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, sams wrote:

> I actually have Rhat and like it but I was thinking about trying a few
> other flavors.  For some reason I want to stay away from Corel.  Does
> anyone have any thoughts on Suse or Mandrake?

*psst*... try debian ;)

> I am going to be taking C classes in the fall and would like to do more of
> that on the linux box does anyone know if there is a flavor of linux with
> a gui type compiler?

Eww... ;p

\protect{\begin{editorwarfare}
I'm gonna plug Emacs here (probably XEmacs), because it does a lot of fun
GUI-type stuff, including being able to build within the editor, and yet
doesn't lose the hacker-feel. ;p And it does syntax highlighting, etc...
\end{editorwarfare}}

Pacem in Terris / Mir / Shanti / Salaam / Heiwa
Kevin R. Bullock