TCLUG Member Web areas

Real Time would like to offer TCLUG members personal web space for FREE (yes,
free) under the www.mn-linux.org hierarchy.

Example, is worth a thousand words.

http://www.mn-linux.org/tanner
http://www.mn-linux.org/clay

The catch? Yes, there is always a catch. :-)

1. You have to agree to Real Time's Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). It can be
found online at http://www.real-time.com/Services/Sign_Up/AUP/aup.html

2. Your area must be directly related to Linux. No 'my pet cat' pages, no
warez, mp3 site, porn, etc...

3. You must use ssh, scp, no ftp or telnet!

4. No distro slamming.

5. Must have a pgp flavor installed, so we can send you sensitive info via
email without clear text username and passwords flying across the wire.

We have talked about this internally to Real Time and brought it up to Clay
awhile ago. It just took this long for me to actually work on it.

It's Real TIme's hope to help drive more traffic to the LUG web site and by
doing so get more awareness about Linux and the TCLUG.

The areas will always be free, no banner ads, no doubleclick, etc.

You will get 50Mb hard quota, with PHP, JSP and Servlet support. We will only
support MySQL for database backend at this time. :-)

CGI access will be granted on a needed basis (perl is piggy on memory and can
potentially crush a machine).

Each personal area will be indexed and part of the search, just like the main
site.

If you are interested, please send me <tanner@real-time.com> an email with the
subject 'TCLUG MEMBER AREA REQUEST' (all caps please). In the body of the
message put the following info:

Member URL:
First Name:
Last Name:
Email address:

For me, this would look like this:

Member URL: http://www.mn-linux.org/tanner
First Name: Bob
Last Name: Tanner
Email address: tanner@real-time.com

Please attach your public key and digital-sign the message.

Thanks.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700

PGP Key 0x617D4855.