Dedicated Linux e-mail servers: good experiences, anyone?

For performance's sake, I need to move my company's e-mail services to a
dedicated box.  Standard POP3/SMTP for about 50 simultaneous users.  I've
been looking at Linux solutions, and the ZD test I found rated the Netwinder
above the Cobalt Qube and IBM InterJet II as far as e-mail goes.

Good word of mouth means more than a review, though.  Any of you who are
running mail servers care to share good experiences?  Lord knows there's
enough bad experiences out there. ;)

Thanks,

--
Carl Patten