Re: [TCLUG:15942] Network newbie Q

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Eric F Crist wrote:

> As insecure as it sounds, for the purpose of the install, do a (as root) chmod
> 0777 /mnt/cdrom  This will allow everyone to access the cdrom.  I hope this
> fixes your prob.

Turns out this was solved by entering

/mnt/cdrom	erie.rephil.org (ro)

or

/mnt/cdrom	*.rephil.org (ro)

in /etc/exports.  I don't think it likes addresses -- it wants host/domain
names.  I thought that * would work, but I think that if it does, it
doesn't span dots -- you'd have to put *.*.*

Nothing like debugging punctuation to get you in the zone...

Thanks to all repliers.

Next question:  Anyone have recommendations on a PCMCIA 10baseT card?

Phil M