Re: [TCLUG:15996] FAQ - Posting, helping newbies?

On 11 Apr 2000 18:35:00 CDT Jon Schewe wrote:
> > Folks, this is usually easier than you think.  Just have the users set
> > their reply-to address in their MUA to something that this ISP accepts
> > mail for, such as ``newbie@a.com.''  I've done this for years and, if
> > I'm subscribed correctly, it works fine.
>
> This doesn't work.  That just changes the From: in the header, not the From a
> the top of the header.  If all I have to do was change the reply-to address I
> would have done that a year ago, but I tried that and it doesn't work.

Interesting.  I guess what I meant was that you have to do two things:
be subscribed as the ``newbie@a.com'' address and set the MUA reply-to.
If you're subscribed as ``newbie@foo.a.com'' just changing the reply-to
won't work.

--
Blayne Puklich          Collective Technologies         Minneapolis, MN
* mailto:blayne@colltech.com                  * http://www.colltech.com