Re: [TCLUG:15996] FAQ - Posting, helping newbies?

This is obviously a lack of skill on the part of the ISP.
If they happen to be running sendmail (which I am, personally) they should know
that there are options to masquerade as whatever they want. For example, they
have three mail servers, mail1.a.com, mail2.a.com,and mail3.a.com.
By default, the sendmail program will insert the host machine's fqdm. (*.a.com)
This can be changed so that all the machine insert <user>@a.com, leaving off
the mail server's specific address.  This makes it easer to send to the user,
and it doesn't confuse the people sending mail to that user.

Here is that line in the sendmail.cf file located in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf (on
my box):

line 122  |  # who I masquerade as (null for no masquerading) (see also $=M)
line 123  |  DMardent-hacker.net

Now, if you can't read the comments to figure it out, why are you running an
ISP?!

L8R

Eric