Re: [TCLUG:15996] FAQ - Posting, helping newbies?

On Tue, Apr 11, 2000 at 05:04:33PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:

> Anyone have any wonderful ideas on how to help newbies when it comes to
> posting to the list?

I'm guessing from previous experimentation on my part that you are using
vanilla ezmlm.  If you upgrade to ezmlm-idx (a drop-in upgrade)
subscribers will be able to add other machines themselves in this format:

tclug-list-allow-subscribe-user=isp.com@mn-linux.org

I realize this would be a bit of a pain, but could, I believe, be added to
a message sent to people attempting to post from an address not subscribed
to the list.

I apologize for the vagueness of this info.  I'm working from memory.  If
this sounds interesting to you, I would be glad to do the research and
supply you with the info needed to make it work as I'm sure normal
moderation takes up enough of your time.

Incidentally, this would relieve you of the chore of accepting/denying
posts from unsubscribed addresses.  They would, I believe, just be bounced
with the message of your choice.

Ben

--
"There is no spoon"