Re: [TCLUG:16285] Web cam for Linux

     There's absolutely no support for usb cams that I'm aware of
right now, so parallel is your only option.  The original color qcam
and b&w qcam have decent support under linux, but the qcam pro and
qcam vc have none at all right now.  There *are* drivers for the vc,
but it requires the kernel be patched for ecp parallel support, and
that patch keeps getting rejected by it's driver maintainer.
     The cam to buy is the panasonic eggcam.  It uses bt848 which
is in v4l in the kernel.

Scott
-- ossuary.net --
"..seems like I'm not alone in being alone."
 -The Police