U of M connection strangeness

Hi,

Is anyone else having problems with your U of M dial-up from Linux?
When I tried dialing up with my usual script and pon this morning,
it failed.  The script got past its usual username, and password
lines fine, but then died after trying to do the protocol
handshaking.  This same script worked on Wednesday.

I saw some lines mentioning PAP and CHAP in the handshaking
part, so I used pppconfig to make some scripts that used
CHAP and PAP.  Well, it turns out the PAP one worked and
the CHAP one did not.

So I am wondering if anyone else had this problem?  Or does
anyone know if the U is changing this on purpose?  Should
my plain old chatscripts have worked in the first place?
I didn't see any mention of a change on the ADCS webpage.

Its not a big deal, since I got a working connection again,
but if anyone has anymore info, I'd love to hear it.

--
Jim Crumley                 |
crumley@belka.space.umn.edu |