Re: [TCLUG:16545] Partition sizes?

andy@theasis.com writes:
> > Hence my fusion of /home and /usr/local/.
>
> Yeah, OK... I get what you mean now. However, having /usr/local/home/andy
> or whatever is just weird   ;-)

Mount the partition as /home, create a /home/usrlocal directory,
and a symlink /usr/local -> /home/usrlocal.  I supposed there is
a chance that somethings might get confused, so YMMV.

> > But, I personally would never
> > trust any installer to not wipe the partition.
>
> I'm into paranoia too, but never used an installer that didn't make me
> specify which partitions it could use.
>
> My own paranoia also doesn't like >2G partitions. Maybe that's not
> rational.

It may be rational, but not practical anymore.  My next disk
will be 30GB...  [And only $200, yow!]

--
John Hesterberg			email:	jh@sgi.com
Technical Lead, HPC Linux	phone:	651-683-5879