Re: [TCLUG:16545] Partition sizes?

> Yeah, I don't know if there is any good way to convert a CHS-addressed
> drive to LBA,

Backup, change the BIOS setting, repartition and reformat...

> but LBA is the better method (and I think it is used on
> most systems today).

Its required for drives larger than ~512mb...

Note that LBA lets you have drives up to ~8gb while keeping the
cylinders under 1024, meaning don't worry about making /boot partitions
unless you got a bigger drive than that...

How the 8gb limit was dealt with, I'm not sure. I'll tell you once I
replace my 8.2gb (1025 cylinders. Heh.) with a 20gb drive...