Re: [TCLUG:16545] Partition sizes?

> Note that LBA lets you have drives up to ~8gb while keeping the
> cylinders under 1024, meaning don't worry about making /boot partitions
> unless you got a bigger drive than that...

Ummm, I should say, thats if* you have an LBA capable BIOS. Anything
Pentium or newer will have one. (Okay, except maybe some early P60's...)
486's are a mixed bag...

So, if you have an LBA capable bios, and if you have a drive less than
8gb, this 1024 cylinder stuff is moot.

But now that we got 20-30-40gb drives, I guess its a problem again...
Will they ever learn? ;P