Re: [TCLUG:16882] SGI Indy dead-on-arrival protection

On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 08:34:12AM -0500, David S. Cargo wrote:
> Certainly this approach has problems (extra cost, extra shipping,
> storage of systems, ownership details), but the issue of how to
> handle DOA boxes has not been addressed so far as I know.

Not to mention either 1) Appointing a crew to test run each system
before distributing them to the masses or 2) Deciding who would store
the boxes and for how long before selling them off if the DOA's don't
happen...yet keeping them long enough to insure that everyone has at
least done more than put the Indy in a corner somewhere without
powering it on or testing it.

--
^chewie

PGP signature