Re: [TCLUG:16898] Par port SCSI bootdisk?

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Gabe Turner wrote:

[snip]

> There you go, you've got a kernel with support for your card compiled in.  As
> far as puting that on a boot floppy, I'm not really sure how they deal with
> modules on a boot floppy.  Hopefully, another kind soul on the list can
> elaborate a little :)

The best way I can think of dealing with the boot/root floppy is to not
build the miniscsi as a module, but instead as an integral part of the
kernel.

I'm unaware of what's involved in configuring the driver, but if it's in the
kernel, it wont have to be loaded from a floppy :)

-David