Re: [TCLUG:20156] Installfest

>On a related note, just tried burning a Red Hat Pinstripe CD. It >won't
>fit...

I wish someone could explain to me how a 665 MB image fit onto a 650 MB CD.
All my CDs are 650 and even though I was positive it wouldn't work, it did.
Especially strange is that the drive I used has been known to "imagine" data
on a blank CD and refuse to write, claiming there wasn't enough space.

While we're on the subject of Pinstripe, I'm planning on installing it
tonight on my system.  Has anyone else tried it/able to offer some words of
wisdom?

-Brian

> 7.1 what?
>
> Gabe
>
> On Mon, Aug 07, 2000 at 12:53:32PM -0500, Bob W. Anderson wrote:
> > I've signed up for the installfest but haven't received a time
confirmation.
> > Should I just show up at the very beginning?
> >
> > The list and other Linux sites are reporting a lot of anguish over 7.1
installs.
> > Should I wait a while before entering this threatening forrest or will
there be
> > adequate expertise/experience on had at the installfest to assure modest
> > success?    I'm really gun-shy since my own attempt to install 7.0  last
winter
> > resulted in corruption of both HD's and data loss.
> >
> > BTW - I think I finally got it figured out.   Lilo is the name of one of
the
> > Teletubbies.   No wonder I have problems.

Lilo predates teletubbies by a few years. ;)