Networking

Thanks for the pointers.

Neither Dozer could find the linux box with the Start > Find > Confuser
tip or the Explorer tip.  I went through the netconf on the Linux box
and tried every damn quad six ways to Sunday but I couldn't get the
Linux box to recognize the Dozers either.

Which ping switch?  I tried # ping host

and

ping -I (several different quads from IP address to localhost to you
name it) host

and all pings returned  "unknown host host"

Oh well.  The help button in the netconf program tells me to run
autoconfig, but there's no autoconfig anywhere to be found in any of the
selections.

You mentioned inetd.  'Splain Lucy.  I went to /usr/sbin and found
inetd.  I tried running it in terminal both as user and root but all I
got was some noise on the HDD and then another command line.  I tried
the computer find stuff again on both Dozers and they still couldn't
find the Linux box.

And the guys at RedHat, Mandrake and Turbo thought Linux could work on
desktops for nimrods like me.  Sure hope they got promoted for that
idea.

Ken Russell
The Russell Pottery