cloning machines

Hi everyone,

Here's a quick question about cloning (or duplicating) machines.

I'd like to create an image of a HD and save it on my server so I can
easily upgrade or install Linux on a bunch of little 486s in short order.
I know that the RedHat Kickstart program will automate installation, but
I'd like to go one step easier than that.

These machines all NFS-mount /home from the server. Obviously, I need the
'dd' command, but I'm not sure how to proceed to create the image, and
further, how to install the image once it's created. I don't have room to
save the image (even with compression) on the local drive of one of the
486s. How would I create remotely then? Would someone give me a swat with
the clue stick?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson        | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S. | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/