Re: [TCLUG:13321] Channel 4000: Hackers Plan Local MPAA Protest

On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 02:10:48PM -0800, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

>         it comes down to the difference between "independence" and
> "irrelevance". :)

	*grin* Yeah.  I could imagine cases in which it is most
definitely not irrelevant though.  :-)

> 	disinfo.org ran a series of links about them a few years ago.
> it was the usual marginally-fringe stuff you tend to see on
> disinfo.org.  amusing to read sometimes, tho. :)

	I looked at their site, and they seem to really want you to buy
a print copy in order to read anything.

> 	it's a good thought tho. really, when we look at it in some
> ways; a good chunk of the Net could be considered to be something like
> that.  :)

	Kind of.  The DeCSS source code will survive forever (and
perhaps even be improved) on the Net, and there's nothing the MPAA can
realistically do about it.  But, as someone (I think on Slashdot)
pointed out, this is largely irrelevant since it won't be 'mainstream'.
*sigh*

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature