Re: [TCLUG:13440] Getting to know Debian

On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 06:24:43PM -0600, Brent Bucholz wrote:
Bout thime there is some traffic on the list about something other than RedHat
or Mandrake and the like. Anything you need to know can be gleaned from
debian.org, /usr/doc and the standard stuff. Keep pluging away, if apt isn't
reason enough for you to ditch those other dists I don't know what is. Also,
you should note that the deb package format offers all kinds of goodies. The
post install scripts that execute upon install will generally either walk you
through critical software setup tasks, or tell you how to go about  setting
them up. Read more in the dpkg man page and the debian devel docs. Oh yeah,
and upgrade to potato as soon as you get the chance. I use the frozen dist
right now.
--
Ben Lutgens  System / Network Administrator CS Solutions Inc
1821 University Ave, St. Paul, Mn

checking for mass_quantities_of_bass_ale in -lFridge... no
checking for mass_quantities_of_any_ale in -lFridge... no
Warning: No ales were found in your refrigerator.
  We highly suggest that you rectify this situation immediately.