Re: [TCLUG:13602] Myth II for Linux

On Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 11:31:34AM -0600, Eric Hillman wrote:

>> 	I gave up on Intel when they had that stupid fiasco over their
>> floating point bug.  It became clear to me then that they were
>> perfectly willing to use strong-arm tactics instead of technical
>> excellence to win.
>
> Then you may not want to read this...  Turns out AMD's got a little
> closet-cleaning to do as well.
>
> http://www6.tomshardware.com/blurb/index.html

	*sigh* I haven't read the whole article yet, but it sounds kinda
depressing and annoying.  At least a motherboard chipset is a little
easier to fix than a CPU.

	I'm still rooting for AMD though.  I want them to have a couple
of 'obviously much better than Intel' years so they are accepted as a
choice and a fact of life, rather than a swattable nuisance.

*sigh*,
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature