Re: [TCLUG:13602] Myth II for Linux

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Eric M. Hopper wrote:

> 	I gave up on Intel when they had that stupid fiasco over their
> floating point bug.  It became clear to me then that they were perfectly
> willing to use strong-arm tactics instead of technical excellence to
> win.  When they tried to muscle AMD out of their market (via misleading
> marketing and predatory Slot 1 licensing) instead of compete with them
> on technical excellence, that sealed the deal.  Tom's hardware hates
> Intel because they threatened to sue him when he spoke the truth about
> their chips.  I can't say as I blame him.

Yes, but on the other hand, these loyalties can lead to intellectual
dishonesty when comparing the two brands--I think Tom's Hardware has been
accused of that more than once.

What would really turn my crank is a patent-free, freely-licensed CPU
architecture.

--
Christopher Reid Palmer : www.innerfireworks.com