Re: [TCLUG:14011] [rant] pdf on the web

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

> am I the only person who despises .pdf files on the web?

No, you're not alone in your freakishness. :) Scott also hates them.

Me, I like 'em. PDF is an open spec and is a great way to pass around
printables. xpdf and Ghostview work goodly, and are free.

Yes, it's paper-y to lay things out as pages, but that's what it's for.
It's a good choice for things like the product documentation you were
trying to read.

--
Christopher Reid Palmer : www.innerfireworks.com