Re: [TCLUG:14011] [rant] pdf on the web

On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 02:36:46PM -0600, Dan Debertin wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:
> >         in my case, the pisser is that Acrobat is misconfigured on my
> > computer (don't ask me how to fix it either); such that Netscrape complains
> > about an "out of memory error" when it tries to launch Acrobat itself.
> > however, if I launch Acrobat by hand; then things work (aside from the
> > slowness and difficulty of reading).
> >         I guess i shouldn't expect much better from WinLose95. ;( ;(
>
> That's nothing ..... netscape dies on my box every time I hit java. Did
> this when I was using LinuxPPC, and now on an i586. Anyone know of a fix
> for this?

	I know that at one point in time, it was a font problem.  I
can't remember exactly how I fixed it.  The problem was that Java
couldn't find some fonts it wanted and decided to crash Netscape in a
fit of petulance.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature