Re: [TCLUG:14085] RAID 0 reliability

On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 05:34:16PM -0600, Jon Schewe wrote:
> "Eric M. Hopper" <hopper@omnifarious.mn.org> writes:
>
>> 	I'm going to be setting someone up with two IBM IDE drives, and
>> using software RAID to tie them together in a RAID 0 array.  How
>> dangerous to you all think this is?
>
> I've been running it on my file server at home for about 6 months now
> without any problems.  It's event across IDE and SCSI drives of
> varying sizes and ages.

	That's good to know.  At least the software is pretty darned
stable.

	I've also heard very good things about IBM drives, so I expect
those will be reasonably reliable.  I don't want the person I'm building
a computer for to unexpectedly lose all his data with little or no hope
of recovery.

Thanks,
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature