Re: [TCLUG:11835] Java?

Bob Tanner wrote:

> Quoting Perry Hoekstra (dutchman@uswest.net):
> > Having said that, I have yet heard of somebody getting Kaffe working well.
> > I hate to say it (because it is a rather large download) but I would remove
> > Kaffe and get the Blackdown distribution.
>
> There is also the Inprise/Sun JDK, which is a rip-off of the Blackdown work,
> but I found it to be more stable using native threads then the pure Blackdown
> port.
> --
> Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700
> http://www.real-time.com                | Fax   : (612)943-8500
> Key fingerprint =  6C E9 51 4F D5 3E 4C 66 62 A9 10 E5 35 85 39 D9

That is what I am afraid of.  I would prefer to support the Blackdown effort but
I have heard they have had difficulties getting bug patches from Sun.  Sun can
pretty much choke off Blackdown by denying them support.

--

Perry Hoekstra - dutchman@mn.uswest.net
All that is Microsoft does not glitter,

From the ashes of Spec1170 a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be the Unix OS that was broken,
Linux shall be king.