Corprate Server Suggestions

Linux Grus:
        For School and teh School Organization, We(My Boss and I), will be
constructing 2 Identical Setup Corprate servers.  The Main Tasks of these
boxen will to be to provide corprate internet Email via POP3, web
pages(Virtual Hosts), and Oracle Databases to the Network, One will Be
located here and the other in the Middle East we think.
        Power and Price are Factors:  I convinced My Boss to run Linux or
BSD, Either wayt the OS has to be Free and Unix Like.
        Question 1:  How does one figure out limits/quotas for each users'
home directory and mail spool?  We may have upwards of 10k users, What would
be a reasonable space requirement per user for each directory(Mail and
Home).  Something Like 10MB's a piece?  Is there a mathematical formula to
figure this out?
        Question 2:  Applications:
                Apache or Other (One Primary Host and Several Virtual Hosts)
                Sendmail or Other? (Once again virtual hosts with
overlapping users)
                Which Distro?  Has to be compatible with oracle.... RH?
Mandrake? Slack? *BSD?
         Question Three: Hardware:
                SCSII or  IDE 66mbps?
                Are AMD processors good?  I think So!
                How Much RAM?  256?
                What about backup Medium?  18+GB Has to fit on one unit,
Noone is availbe to switch media half way through
operation.
                Which Netcard?  3Com?  Brand and Model Any1?

Thanks for everyone's help!  Lets see what our minds can forsee!  And I'll
Let you know what we end up with.

Thanks Again
Jonathan Kline, A+
Ast. System Admin., And Full Time Student
jonathankl@ism-sabis.net
************************************
!--> Begin Geek Code <--!
GE d+ s+:+ a--- C+++ UL++++ P+ L+++ E- N+ o K- w--
O- M--V PS PE++ Y+PGP++ t+ 5-- X++ R+++ tv++ b++ DI++ D++
G e- h++ r-- !y+
!--> End Geek Code <--!

!--> Begin PGP Signiture <--!
iQA/AwUBOGkSaBk0kFmF66OHEQIUOQCfStkaGk2L0WGmfTLwfKAwDdrcmoUAoLqO
ngil6yUs+Y/0Dqx8y/f4eL3P
=YgXw
!--> End PGP Signiture <--!