Q2 pixmap problem

Well, a late night of screwing around got Myth and Heretic working (to get
the libglide2x library, I had to go to the source section at linux.3dfx.com
and build my own - why didn't I think of that sooner?), then a tarball with
Quake's renderer libraries got Q2 to run for me...  Sort of.

I can now run Q2 from /usr/local/games/quake2, but not from anywhere else on
the system.  For some reason, it looks for all of its files in the current
directory (and its children)...  Anyone know how to fix this?  (Another
annoying side effect is that it doesn't go back to ~ to write out saved games
or config files either, so (without changing permissions around) only root
can save games or alter control configs.  Ugh!)

--
Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+ !K
w---$ O M- !V PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv- b++ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+