bad computer day

Hi everyone,

Although I would prefer a bad hair day, it would seem that I am stuck
instead in a bad computer day.

The hung process that I referred to earlier was really messing up that
system. (load avg 1.0, broken Web server, etc.) I finally rebooted, it
fsck-ed that partition that had the process stuck in IO, and everything
seems fine now. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Also this morning, I came in to work to find that my print server was
accepting jobs. I went back to the console to find a number of error
messages that were related to the ide device. I poked around for awhile
and then decided to reboot that machine. On rebooting, I got this message:

EXT2-fs error (device ide0(3,1)): ext2_check_descriptors: Block bitmap
 for group 0 not in group (block 0)!
EXT2-fs: group descriptors corrupted !

Anyone seen this before? How should I proceed?

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/