Re: [TCLUG:11972] CDRW COmpatibility

Callum Lerwick wrote:

> > Has anyone gotten a HP 8250i CDRW drive to RW in Linux?
> > I just got one tonite and I was wondering if it was even worth trying to get
> > it to work?
>
> Far as I know, HP's are well supported. Just nab cdrecord and RTFM.
>
> http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/cdrecord.html
>
> I have a Phillips IDE 4x4x16 CDRW drive myself. Works great. Looks
> pretty cool too. :)

I have the same CDRW device. I have compiled all of the modules, can mount CDs and read. But
I'm lost when it comes to writting CD-Rs with cdrecord. It wants to use SCSI device
addresses. My CDRW is an IDE/ATAPI device.  I have the ide-scsi module loaded so it will
treat is as a SCSI device. But how do I determine the SCSI address? the "cdrecord -scanbus"
only shows my DAT device.

    -Scott