Re: [TCLUG:12143] hello

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, L Crisp wrote:

> > | Any *real* linux hacker starts with nothing more than a kernel, gcc,
> > and glibc
>
> Speaking of which, I've recently decided to do just that.  Anyone have any
> thoughts, advice, or damnations?

Yeah me too, actually. What's your plan of action? Mine is to build a
source tree (most of the vital stuff is there now), compile gcc, glibc,
fileutils and binutils, and then chroot to the source tree and do it all
again (so that everything gets compiled with the new gcc and against the
new glibc). Then, I make a giant master Makefile, and fire it off and have
it compile everything. I don't get to work on it as much as I want to, but
what do you expect. :)

-- Chris

  Christopher Reid Palmer : www.innerfireworks.com