Re: [TCLUG:12329] Bill Gates

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Eric M. Hopper wrote:

> 	Ahh, so unless you can diagnose problems in complicated
> electronic gadgets, you're helpless?

     When I first started out playing with this kinda stuff
I didn't know my ass from my elbow.  That didn't cause me to
just give up and have everyone do it all for me.  Sure
there's lots of stuff I still don't know, but I at least try
to figure out problems myself instead of letting other
people deal with them.  Of course those kinda people are
probably the ones that keep me in business, so let's just
keep this post nice & quiet.

> 	I wish they had more columnists who went out and did things like
> interview the Disney people, to find out how they _felt_ about what they
> do, or summarized the collective pain, rage and frustration of hundreds
> of dispossessed kids.

     Since I've been reading slashdot from almost day one of
chips & dips, I was under the impression it's whole point
from day one was to post stories about nifty new technology
& the like.  I was not under the impression it was there for
in-depth commentary on how gross the world is.  Besides, I
already know what a messed up place it is, don't need yet
another person telling me so.

Scott
--
I love you more than anything in this world.
I don't expect that will last.