Re: [TCLUG:12484] Re: lilo troubles

I was having problems with SMP and an Adaptec 2940U/UW card.  Under 1
processor, everything worked fine.  When I recompiled the kernel and
only added SMP, dropped the 2nd CPU in the machine and booted, it
exploded (I believe I started getting SCSI timeout errors and couldn't
boot the kernel).  I added a new HDD and a Tekram controller, recompiled
with support for the card and SMP, and everything works beautifully.