Re: [TCLUG:12664] Power vs. Style

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Ben Beuchler wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Jonathan Kline wrote:
>
> > Go with style.  Personally I'd want style before power.  Although power is
> > nice too.  But style!  If you have a cool case then you are "god" or envied.
>
> Ummm...
>
> Never mind.  I'm not going to bother.
>
> Ben

This is the rice boy mentality of computers. You know, that "Look, I've
got a VTEC sticker on my mustang! It gave it 20,000 more hp! And that K&N
Air Filter gave me another 50,000! So now I've got a 70,090 horsepower
engine! WOOHOO!" type of mentality. IE, looks == power.  =)   (I totally
disagree, of course. I buy killer cases AND killer parts to make a box
that is actually as powerful as it looks.  *GRIN*)

(P.S. -- For a laugh, www.riceboypage.com)

--
Nate Carlson <carlson@real-time.com>    | Phone : (612)943-8700