cursor b0rked under XFree 3.3.6

        I bought my parents a computer; but unfortunately, didn't check what
hardware I was getting, against any Linux compatibility lists (where do you
find those, anyway? is there a grand unified list somewhere?)
        the video card in an S3 Trio3D/2X. the SVGA server for XFree 3.3.4
wouldn't work on it; so I grabbed the latest binaries (3.3.6); and installed
them.
        the driver is still rather flaky; XF86Setup segfaults if I try to
use a preexisting XF86Config file. (I'm guessing XF86Setup is trying to use
the SVGA server, rather than the default VGA16 server). if I start a fresh
config file tho, it works.

problem is, even after it works; the cursor shows up as nothing but a big
white square, rather than an arrow or "X"

is there any fix for this, that anyone has heard of? should I report this as
a bug (and if so, to whom?)?

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA		Buffalo, MN