Re: [TCLUG:12788] cursor b0rked under XFree 3.3.6

Ahh, yes, the b0rked S3 cards.  Most S3 cards are crappy, although
there used to be some decent cards out there using their chipset, long ago.
(I had one that used the 751 chipset - a Diamond Stealth 64 2MB PCI - nice!).

I find that the best way to get those bloody cards working (it's what we have
at work here) is to use the XF86_FBDev server.  That seems to work right
nicely.

BTW, XF86Config doesn't specify which X server to use.  If you look in
/var/X11R6/bin, you should see a symbolic link to the X server that it's
going to use.

Nick Reinking