Re: [TCLUG:12789] bad day (update)

Usually you just go ahead and mount the old root drive.  It sounds like
your /etc/fstab (on the old drive) may be incorrect and/or your lilo.conf
file thinks root lives somewhere else that it's been configured with.  See
what fdisk has to say about your drive.  Then begin mounting partitions
(read-only to prevent accidents) and look for your old filesystem.  Maybe
someone was monkeying around with the system over the weekend?  Did the
power fail, etc?  The drive was improperly unmounted (hence the fsck
recommendation), so something must have crashed recently).

Peter Lukas