Re: [TCLUG:12799] help me find a MUA

Yeah the reason Pine has no filtering is the same reason most Unix MUAs
don't, and you already guessed it: procmail. :) Yeah, it's ugly (no doubt
inspired by sendmail.cf). XFMail's setup is probably just a front-end to
procmail.

Along those lines, give exmh a try. It does filtering, I'm pretty sure
with procmail, with a GUI config tool. The only downside to exmh is that
is a Tcl/Tk app (slow), but it's configurable as all hell, and it works.

The only non-procmail MUA for Unix that does filtering, afaik, is Netscape
Messenger. I used it for a while. Goodbye free RAM, but it works nicely
when it's not crashing. I consider it an option, but you might not. exmh.

Hth,
--
Christopher Reid Palmer : www.innerfireworks.com