Re: [TCLUG:12799] help me find a MUA

Chris McKinley wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Bob Tanner wrote:
>
> > Quoting Ben Kochie (ben@nerp.net):
> > > personaly, i use pine for mail reading, then i fetchmail/procmail filter
> > > my mail to my personal system for storage, and I use mutt from there.. I
> > > used to use XFmail, but found it minorly unstable when my mail directories
> > > started to exceed 100MB.. there is an effort to freshen up the xfmail
> > > code, and port to gtk.  there is also spruce, a gtk based mail app, but I
> > > don't know much filtering it has
> >
> > Anyone seen/tested the mail package that the GNOME people are developing?
> > --
>
> Balsa, yep.  It has about the the same UI as spruce, currently Balsa has
> better attachment handling, but spruce will be supporting pgp/gpg.

Are you sure it's Balsa he's referring to? This quote is from the "State
of the GNOME address":

"Also we hope to have Evolution done on time for this "bigger" release.
Evolution will supersede gnome-pim and include a mail reader. The
various components of GNOME Office (http://www.gnome.org/gnome-office)
of course are released under their own schedule and will be integrated
into this release."

This reminds me of something Miguel was saying this past summer about
developing an Outlook clone for GNOME. I am thinking this is what the
quote is referring to.

--
Dave Erickson
"You can preach a better sermon with