Re: [TCLUG:12831] Issues raised today

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Robert Leduc wrote:

> however, I would like to use the Linux system to connect via PPP
> to the U of M and would wonder about security issues I might
> face.

     Security on a dialup box is fairly easy to deal with.
Install ssh, turn off telnet (ftp & http too if you don't
want to play with them), set up /etc/hosts.deny to deny all
connections, and just add whatever ip's you need to
/etc/hosts.allow so that you can telnet in from another
local machine if necessary.  That's quite handy in those
rare cases when something acts up and tries to bite you in
the ass.

Scott
--
I love you more than anything in this world.
I don't expect that will last.