Re: [TCLUG:12912] SCSI advice

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Dave Erickson wrote:

> Could you also suggest a controller card? I don't see any difference
> besides ISA/PCI but I am sure there must be. I would need it to be fully
> supported by Linux (of course) and be able to run my Scanner (Umax
> Astra600s) also.

     An adaptec 2940U2 would work just fine, though if you
wanted something a bit lower in cost the 1xxx series works
too.  As far as drives go, IBM rocks my world.  Snag a
couple Ultrastar's (9LP's are fairly cheap) and have at it.
Just remember that with a U2 controller you need drives with
a U2 (and not u2w) interface.

Scott
--
I love you more than anything in this world.
I don't expect that will last.