Re: [TCLUG:12912] SCSI advice

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Dave Erickson wrote:

> Could you also suggest a controller card? I don't see any difference
> besides ISA/PCI but I am sure there must be. I would need it to be fully

Hands down, you want PCI.  PCI can busmaster properly and not suck all
your CPU while it grabs images like the ISA card does.  Well, at least
from my experience the ISA card will slow down the system *a lot* when
there is scsi traffic.

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> #nicnac@efnet 612.301.0265
      destiny's admin       | Robots are most often found in server rooms,