Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 00:48:28 -0600
From: Kris Koskelin <kris@angelanthony.com>
To: cwlug@dwave.net
Subject: cwlug IPCHAINS and banner ads

Does anybody out there truly understand how to write an ipchains rule,
aside from copying the crap that's on the HOWTO pages?  I find it all
truly cryptic, and it makes it very difficult to write my own chains.
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/IPCHAINS-HOWTO.html

I'm interested in creating an IPCHAINS rule that will redirect any
requests for *doubleclick.net (amongst many other domains) to my local
linux box where my local server would fulfill the request with a 1x1
transparent image instead of getting the doubleclick crap.  Anybody else
have a clue?  RTFM is no help here....

--

Kris Koskelin
CGI / Web Developer