Re: [TCLUG:12935] Remote X

>In order to Run the X Server on one Box and have it Displayed on another,
>What needs to be set and what programs need to be run on each P

Hmm I think you got X server an dclient mixed around.  Server runs on
machine the display is on.  Clients are potentially anywhere.

Anyway, I have it like this: my 'real' computer (the big fast one) runs
xdm.  You have to uncomment the line in /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess that has a
single '*' on it.  'Wimpy' computer has nothing but basic netwrking and an
X server.  On it, I run 'X -query 192.168.0.1'.  (that's address of real
computer)  (duh).

Works real swell for my girlfriend and I needing to use the computer at the
same time.  "real" computer is fast enough/has enuogh mem for both of us to
do whatever.  "wimpy" only has to deal with the display.

This is a pretty weak setup, but it works.  If you wanna be cool, do like
this guy:
http://www.menet.umn.edu/~kaszeta/unix/xterminal/index.html

-Ryan