Re: [TCLUG:13004] AP Comp. Sci.

On 28 Jan 2000, Jon Schewe wrote:

> > I don't mean to preach here, but you should have a look at Python. The
> > language is super clean, great OO, and is practical. Look at Zope. That's
> > a Python-based product that is getting huge.
>
> Is there a particular place that would be good to start learning the language?
> Currently I'm heavily into Java and perl, but I'm always interested in more languages.

You should check out http://www.python.org/ for more info. There are
several tutorials in the documentation section, and you should be able to
get a quick feel for some of the ways that Python can interface with all
sorts of other languages, DBs, etc. Try it, you'll like it.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson        | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S. | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/