Re: [TCLUG:19737] hello? (Citrix Metaframe)

Ben Kochie wrote:

> yea, that's my current problem, we arn't a company with deep pockets, yet
> we have these windows apps that we can't live without.. (supplier
> provided, no souce, crappy VB/access stuff)  and we need them avaliable
> all over the place for part info lookup.
>
> Thank You,
>         Ben Kochie (ben@nerp.net)

This is exactly the problem I have.  We work with several large lumber companies
and they all provide these awful visual basic programs to provide sizing information
for their products.  The damn things fail as often as they work - I consider the things
less productive and more destructive than a virus.

Unfortunately they will not provide sizing information in any other form (I've even offered
to write sotware for them in a real language and been turned down - they consider
visual basic to be a desirable feature).

Ok, I've vented  I feel better now.

My interim solution is to have a single windows box hooked into the network and using
VNC to allow our users to access to it via their X-Terminals one at a time.  No one is
happy.

Oh well...
Kent