Re: [TCLUG:18474] Internet to your Sailboat (was: mp3 pirate)

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, andrew nemchenko wrote:

> What the hell does this have to do with Tom Clancy????????
> Does he design communications equipment or something?

No but in his books, the submaries would always have to come within 20
yards (or feet, I don't remember) of the surface to recieve these
super-low frequency (ELF) radio waves, for messages from Washington or
where ever. That's where I learned that radio waves don't travel very far
under water.

Luke