Re: [TCLUG:18622] I need a tape backup solution...

>Travan works.  They have died before on me (the drive).  Nothing is a
>subsitute for DLT..
	except AIT. :)
	anyone know anything about VXA's tape units, other than that
they advertise in Linux Journal? they sound nice, but I know virtually
nothing about them.

>But 8mm and 4mm dds tapes come nice and close :)
	for <12 GB DDS-3 is the way to go... half the cost of AIT or
DLT. dunno about reliability; I've seen an HP DDS-2 drive go belly-up,
and/or make bad tapes; but haven't had any problems with my current HP
DAT24.

Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator    307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA	         Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com       (763) 682-1091